when i deployed my web app to the production server, i found that none of the client-side validation was working.
the first problem was that there was no mime-type set up on the
the .js extension.
the next problem was that the script references in my aspx pages did
not match the script location on the server. the html
source of one of my pages had the webuivalidation.js path set to
but the server directory was "/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322_0/WebUIValidation.js"
so i tried duplicating the directory so that i would have both paths
on the server, but that caused strange problems on the aspx page, such
as buttons not clicking (when the event handlers are definitely
so what i did was run aspnet_regiis -i on the server to make sure
all the script maps are registered properly, and it worked.
if you don't have control over the web server, you can add the following to your web.config
<webControls clientScriptsLocation="/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322_0/" />
© Copyright 2017 Tim Mackey