i have an ISAPI filter that i use for an Asp.Net web site. It worked great on my development PC, but when i went to install it on the production server, it wouldn't load, and there was an event log saying "The HTTP Filter DLL whatever.dll failed to load. The data is the error".
After hunting around the newsgroups, i found out that the production server didn't have version 7.1 of the MFC dlls, as would be the case on a system with VS 2003 installed, hence the reason it wouldn't work. so i downloaded MFC71.dll and MSVCR71.dll and put them in c:\windows\system32 and registered them with regsvr32.exe, ignoring the warnings about entry points not found. that fixed it.
To remove this dependency in the DLL altogether, i went back in to VS2003 and in the project options, i changed 'Use of MFC' to a static library, which has resulted in an increased binary size (still only 150k) which i guess means it has included all the MFC stuff in the DLL itself.
© Copyright 2017 Tim Mackey